Putting Public Safety First – The Oroville Dam Spillways Emergency Recovery: Download
Starting in May 2017, DWR and its construction contractors began repairing and rebuilding Oroville’s main and emergency spillways. By November 1, 2018, the main spillway was successfully reconstructed, meeting DWR’s public safety construction milestone. Work on the emergency spillway was completed soon afterwards. More than 1,000 people worked more than 2 million hours to rebuild the Oroville spillways to ensure the safety of downstream communities. This webinar will provide an orientation to Oroville Dam and the State Water Control Project, discuss the February 2017 incident and present the immediate recovery response as well as the permanent modifications made to the main spillway and the Emergency Spillway.
Five Learning Objectives of This Course:
• Introduction to Oroville Dam and the California State Water Project.
• Summary of the February 2017 spillway incident.
• An understanding of the Main Spillway recovery response.
• An understanding of the emergency Spillway recovery response.
• An understanding of the immediate recovery response.
• Orientation to Oroville Dam and the California State Water Project
• 2017 Spillway Incident
• Immediate Recovery Response
• Recovery for FCO
• Recovery for Emergency Spillway
• The Future of Oroville Dam – Comprehensive Needs Assessment